Skip to main content

My first off-campus experience

Well I am an engineer, pass out from Army Institute of Technology, affiliated to Pune University. I got a campus placement in I-Flex Solutions(now Oracle Financial Solutions).
Since Oracle Financial Services postponed the joining dates for us for an uncertain period of time. Now I am looking for a job. Till date I haven't attended a single off-campus, as I am still waiting for the call from the Oracle Financial Services. But when I came to know about the joining dates, I had to attend such off-campus arranged by some MNC's to hire engineering graduates.

Hewitt Associates announced opening for 300+ fresh engineering graduates some days back, and the process of hiring was scheduled to be organised on 24th Jan 2009 at two centres across India. One of my senior informed me about that. So I packed my bag for the same and went to Gurgaon without wasting a single minute. I reached a day before, and inspected the location before the scheduled day, i.e. 24th Jan. I was confident to get into Hewitt, also Gurgaon is close to my home so I was keen to get into Hewitt.

On 24th Jan 2009, I reached the venue i.e. DAV Public School, well on time. When I was at the get, I witness a moderate crowd, as it was expected that around 1000 people going to attend the same, as the opening is for 300+ candidates. But as the time progresses the people start increasing, two-three of mine friends also reached there for the same. After some time we entered the gate of DAV Public School, and we are asked to be in some ques for the initial registration. At the first registration desk, they are just checking our eligiblity criterion for the same. And after that the candidate need to move to the other queues for the database entry, and after that they are going for the aptitude test. So when we were in queue, the crowd goes on increasing, as we are still waiting for our chance to at least get confirmation from the first desk. The crowd increased to 3000+ (an estimated idea), I am seriously shocked when I see such a large number of unemployed engineers.

So till this its was fine, but now after this the situation was gone worse, as the people who are waiting in those long queues started pushing each other. After some push and pull the condition got worse, and the initial registration desk were removed, may be police also called for the same. And the HR's asked to submit resumes of the remaining candidates. And they said that they will call us according to our eligibility on coming days. After submitting my resume, I tried to talk to the HR's to concern us as we went there from Pune, but they are not in mood to talk with anyone, and after collecting CV's they vacated that place(DAV stadium). But people are still waiting for the call, but all in vain. We waited there till 4 PM, but all in waste, no one even bothered. People from all over India was there for the same, and Hewitt management..well no words for them. What a waste of time. After all this, I instead of wating stop thinking about Hewitt and came back to Pune. Now, I seriously say getting a on-campus job is quite easy than getting it in off-campus.

Here are few glimpses of the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j30e3V6e3oA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schoolgirl Internal - Katey Grind

Good Bye laptops

Can any one ever imagine of life without laptops or desktops now.!!! hmmm...yes but need anything else that replaces them. So Japan is always ready to help you out with their technlogy.Since its a time of microtechnology, everything is modeled as small as it can be so you not computers. Amazing technology from Japan . . . but can you guess what it is ?Look closely and guess what they could be... This is something that will replace your PC in the near future.Beleive it or not this the the future of forthcoming computers. After looking the picture to the right you might guess wht I'm talking about. In the revolution of miniature computers, scientists have made great developments with bluetooth technology.This is the forthcoming computers you can carry within your pockets, they are very small in size comparable to pen. This "pen sort of instrument" produces both the monitor as well as the keyboard on any flat surfaces from where you can carry out functions you would normally

China vs India: Sikkim border conflict between India and China in 1967

Did you know India has offered 800 sheep and 59 yaks to China. Image Source: Google Images I am pretty sure its hard to believe, but its true, that India has offered 800 sheep and 59 yaks to China. 1962 war with China will remain in the memories of most of the Indians. Although China was not able to gain any strategic advantage after the war. Hence China keeps on waiting or rather creating these small issues to take advantage out of them. For this China opened another front in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh, but they did not find any reason to start any conflict with India in these reasons. Then comes this missing flock of 800 sheep and 59 yaks besides the allegations of territorial incursions. This let to the build-up Sikkim border conflict between India and China in 1967. This is what China was looking for since 1962 war. Exchanges between the two governments dating back to 1965 reveal that China accused Indian troops of stealing the flock of animals from Tibetan herdsmen